Goodbye, Little One

I lost my dog this past Wednesday. She had been sick for about the past week leading up to when we had to put her down, and she'd had arthritis for a while, so I suppose it was for the best. But . . . it hurt to let her go.

I know it's a little silly that I care so much about her, because after all, she was only a dog. But I grew up with her running by my side during my elementary years, and then about a decade later she was still with me in high school listening to me rant about anything and everything. I always knew someday she would die, but I never really saw it as a real possibility.

Until now.

My parents came home after bringing her to the vet, and two words from my dad reduced me to tears. "She's gone," was all he said. I couldn't control myself. I burst into a mess of tears and mascara, sobbing. I spilled tears on part of my homework, but at that point I didn't care. She had been my best furry friend for most of my life, and now she was gone. There would be no one I could share my secrets with or cuddle with when it was cold. And I felt hollow for days afterward. I couldn't talk about it without my voice threatening to break or tears brimming in my eyes. I was a mess, to be honest.

I slapped on my brave, smiley, cheerful face that I've always put on in the past, which helped a little bit, but not completely. I know it probably sounds a little stupid to some of you, but I miss my dog. A lot. So if my posts during the next while aren't up to snuff, this is why. I'm suffering from post loss-of-dog-syndrome and I don't know the cure.

Her name was Zoie.


That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. *HUGS.*
    This is so sad!
    *MORE HUGS.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Seana, i'm so SO SORRY!! I know how you feel. I had lost my dear rabbit years ago and up to this day, it still saddens me when I think of him but I know I will see him again in heaven. You will too with Zoie. Big hugs!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry about your rabbit. He sounds lovely. (: It's just really hard to see the places where she would always lay and where her toys always were without thinking of her. But I suppose heaven needed a new watchdog, eh?

      Delete
    2. Aw yeah. She will play with you again someday. And I understand how painful it is to look at the spots she used to be. It will get a little bit better at a time, just keep hanging on.

      Delete
  3. Hugs from my end of the blogosphere too <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, *hugs and pats shoulder*.
    RIP Zoie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ditto all the hugs. I'm so sorry. *hugs*

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. * HUGS! * Millions and billions of hugs!
    I hope you feel better!

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seana! You say in this post "I know she was a just a dog", but as someone with dogs I know that she was far more than that; she was a friend, a family member, and unlike the humans in your life you were her whole world. She loved you unconditionally, she was always pleased to see you. I've not yet lost a dog but I have three and I can imagine the pain that will come in the future.

    Stay strong and I hope you can have happy memories of Zoie without all the pain attached very soon <3 <3 <3

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was honestly one of the hardest things I've been through. Dogs are amazing friends, and I wish I could've spent more time with my best friend. She was lovely, though, so. I'm doing my best to remember all the fun we had. (:

      Delete
  8. (Tear). I am so sorry Seana. I will treasure the books she sat on :).
    ~A.J. Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, A.J. (: Sorry again about your books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Tell You're Bored

The Fun Questions Tag

10 Things Disney Heroines Taught Me